Please find the detail of the course in the sections below. The availability of the course is published in our calendar or via contacting us.
ICT40415-Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking) | CRICOS Course Code: 097983J
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team.
Students who complete this course may pursue a range of higher qualifications at diploma level, but not limited to:
ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking
Network Manager, Network Technician, Network Administrator (IT), Network operations technician, Network support technician, Help desk support.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at course commencement.
- Students must have completed Australian Year 11 or equivalent; have completed AQF Certificate III qualification or above; or can demonstrate suitable work or life experience.
- An overall academic IELTS score of at least 5.5 or equivalent unless exempted (please refer to the DOHA website for Acceptable English Evidence and Exemptions); an English proficiency of intermediate level or above from an approved ELICOS provider; have successfully completed at least an Australian Cert IV qualification within the last 2 years; or have successfully passed Western Sydney College’s English Placement Test.
- Meet the Student Visa 500 subclass requirements (International Students).
- Students are also required to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy ( LLN) assessment to demonstrate their LLN skills required to complete their study. In addition, students may also need to undertake Course Entry Requirement Test (CERT) test and achieve minimum pass score in all three sections.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server|
|ICTNWK402||Install and configure virtual machines for sustainable ICT|
|ICTNWK403||Manage network and data integrity|
|ICTNWK404||Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network|
|ICTTEN416||Install, configure and test an internet protocol network|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTNWK410||Install hardware to a network|
|ICTNWK411||Deploy software to networked computers|
|ICTNWK412||Create network documentation|
|ICTNWK419||Identify and use current virtualisation technologies|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTPRG425||Use structured query language|
|ICTSAS426||Locate and troubleshoot ICT equipment, system and software faults|
52 weeks (Including 12 weeks term breaks)
Please contact administration for a fee and associated charges.
Method of Payment: Online , Bank Transfer, CC over the Phone, Bank Draft
Please mention your preferred method of payment in your application form and our staff will confirm your payment and any associated cost for your course.
20 hours a weeks face to face.