Student Support Services
During the enrolment process, Western Sydney College staff or representative will engage with a prospective student in a number of ways in order to understand their individual needs and provide necessary support to each student in order to maximise their chances of successfully completing the selected training program.
We engage with students in the following ways:
- Enrolment Application form:
Enrolment application form includes specific questions for the student in regards to their cultural and educational background, spoken English ability, skill in literacy and numeracy, any individual needs that may prevent their full participation in the training program.
- Enrolment interview:
This interview includes discussions relating to individual needs, Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN), rights and obligations, recognition opportunity etc
- Orientation Program:
The orientation program is conducted for all new students arriving on campus at the beginning of the course. A briefing is conducted on Australian culture and course outline. Information is given to students regarding student visa conditions, accommodation, overseas heath cover, and use of information technology facilities within Campus. Students are also given a campus tour and are introduced to the academic and administrative staff.
Other individual needs can be considered on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Principal/Chief Executive Officer.
This multipoint approach ensures that students entering a training program with Western Sydney College will have their individual needs identified which enable the allocation and arrangement for the applicable support services which may be supplied internally or by an external provider.
- Access to helpful and friendly student support officers
- Literacy, Language and Numeracy support services
- Additional tutorial sessions
- Mentoring from trainers
- Referral to external Support services
- Additional support for learners who come from a non-English speaking background
- Disability access services
- Counseling Support
- Emergency Services
- Medical Services Referral
- Legal Services Referral
- USI creation and support
- Modern, spacious and fully equipped classrooms
- On-campus library and computer lab
- Outdoor recreation area
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flexible Fee payment options
- Located in the heart of Parramatta
- Close to Parramatta Transport Interchange and Harris Park Train station
- Close to Parramatta City Library
- Easy access to Parramatta Westfield and other major retail outlets in Parramatta
- Easy access to cafes, restaurants and multiple specialty shops
- Walking distance to Parramatta Park and Parramatta River precinct